.NET user controls in VB6 RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft InteropForms Toolkit 2.1

Microsoft, why aren't you supporting this in VS 2012/2013 ?

I created a UserControl in VB.NET.  The control has a label and a text box.  I then loaded 2 instances of the usercontrol in the me.controls collection in vb6.  When i run the application the controls show up and I think all is good.  Now I pressed the Tab button and after tabbing around all of a sudden the controls randomly disappear.  Very strange behavior.

I assume the interopforms toolkit could take care of this but i am using VS 2012.  When I tried to install the toolkit I got a bootstrapper error and I was not able to successfully install.

Monday, February 9, 2015 4:14 AM

Answers

• Right i read all that already.  I want MS to support this in VS 2012/13.

Hello, Microsoft provided this library to make life easy for transitioning from VB6 to .NET in pieces and not for creating hybrid apps. I can not speak for Microsoft but my bet is the toolkit will not be upgraded for current release of Visual Studio.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Monday, February 9, 2015 7:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by GaCracker777 Monday, February 9, 2015 12:05 PM
    Monday, February 9, 2015 7:03 AM

All replies

• Why would you attempt to install Microsoft InteropForms Toolkit 2.1 for use with VS greater than 2010 when it clearly states what its requirements are which have nothing to do with higher than VS 2010?

"Supported Operating System

Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP

You will also need to install the .NET Framework 2.0, Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008, or Visual Studio 2010 (Standard Edition or higher), and Visual Basic 6.

IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of .NET Framework v2.0, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing this final release version. "

What I don't get is why anybody using VB6 didn't begin learning VB.Net about 13 years ago or so. In order to keep themselves capable with the antique and the new model. I doubt VB6 is supported in Windows 10.

La vida loca

• Edited by Mr. Monkeyboy Monday, February 9, 2015 4:36 AM
    Monday, February 9, 2015 4:33 AM
    Monday, February 9, 2015 4:39 AM

Hello, Microsoft provided this library to make life easy for transitioning from VB6 to .NET in pieces and not for creating hybrid apps. I can not speak for Microsoft but my bet is the toolkit will not be upgraded for current release of Visual Studio.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

• Marked as answer by GaCracker777 Monday, February 9, 2015 12:05 PM
    Monday, February 9, 2015 7:03 AM