none
AS2EDISend Help RRS feed

• Question

• I need help with sending an EDI message using the AS2EDISend pipeline. I am using BizTalk 2013 standard. I have a one-way send port that uses the EDI pipeline to create an 850. The 850 has the correct identities in the ISA and GS segments. I then use an one-way send port that uses the AS2EDISend pipeline to transmit the 850 out. When the message arrives the identities in the ISA and GS segments have default BizTalk values, i.e. BTS-Sender, Receive, etc... I have the appropriate AS2 identities set in the party agreement. How do I set the EDI identities for the same agreement? I need all the help I can get.

Thanks

Monday, January 13, 2014 1:55 AM

Answers

• In your agreement , you need to add the outgoing send port in the agreement. This will force party configuration to pick values for that agreement when message is passed through your send port.

But here every time you undeploy your application, you have to manually remove the send port from agreement first. And add the port again after new deployment.

(There are other ways to assign agreements using orchestration also, but this is a simple solution)

Monday, January 13, 2014 10:04 AM

All replies

• These values are controlled by X12 agreement and not AS2 agreement. Make sure the values in the agreement defined for "Local Host Settings" have corresponding "Envelopes" Page (under Transaction Set Settings section) settings. In your case the values are probably getting picked from either the default row ((under Transaction Set Settings -> Envelopes section) or from fallback settings (in case an agreement mismatch occurs.)

Check How the EDI Assembler Works. An excerpt from the article:

If an agreement is defined, the values for the GS data elements are determined based upon the combination of the Transaction Set Identifier (ST1), the version, and the target namespace. These values are compared to the grid in the Envelopes page (under Transaction Set Settingssection) of the agreement properties (if an agreement is defined) or the fallback agreement properties (if no agreement is defined):

• If there is a matching row, then the values contained in the matching row are used for the GS header.
    • If there is no match, but a default row is defined, all the GS data elements except GS01 are populated from the default row. GS01 is dynamically determined based on the value of ST1.
    • If there is no matching row, and no default row, the message is suspended.

Kunal G

Monday, January 13, 2014 4:47 AM
  • In your agreement , you need to add the outgoing send port in the agreement. This will force party configuration to pick values for that agreement when message is passed through your send port.

But here every time you undeploy your application, you have to manually remove the send port from agreement first. And add the port again after new deployment.

(There are other ways to assign agreements using orchestration also, but this is a simple solution)

Monday, January 13, 2014 10:04 AM
  • If you are not expecting to use the Fallback Settings (the default identities) you should disable them as it can lead to unexpected results.

Most likely, you need to add the Send Port to the list of Send Ports on your already configured Agreement.

Monday, January 13, 2014 1:05 PM