none
MSDNAA - why no Small Business Server 2011 Essentials? RRS feed

• Question

• Its bad enough that WHS is missing (although minus DE, no one really cares anymore at my school), but what's the deal with only SBS standard and no essentials????

MSDNAA is the runt of the litter I guess....

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 9:02 PM

Answers

• The response I've gotten back is that they do ongoing review of products for inclusion in MSDNAA.  They've said to pass hatari thanks from the team for the suggestion, and that they will be taking another look at SBS essentials based on your request.  If there's anything you want to share about what SBS Essentials does for you that SBS Standard doesn't I can pass that along as well.

Thanks,

Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Friday, April 22, 2011 2:19 PM

All replies

• Thanks for all the replies and answers...

Saturday, April 9, 2011 4:18 PM
  • Sorry for the delay Hatari, I've just contacted the MSDNAA team for you, and I'll let you know what I hear back.

Thanks,
    Mike 

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:30 PM
  • The response I've gotten back is that they do ongoing review of products for inclusion in MSDNAA.  They've said to pass hatari thanks from the team for the suggestion, and that they will be taking another look at SBS essentials based on your request.  If there's anything you want to share about what SBS Essentials does for you that SBS Standard doesn't I can pass that along as well.

Thanks,

Mike 

Friday, April 22, 2011 2:19 PM
  • Did you happen to hear anything back? Also, would Server 2012 Essentials be apart MSDNAA? The essentials version of SBS makes it easier for us to test and play with since not all students have money for high performance hardware. SBS2011 Standard requires a minimum of 8GB of RAM, not all students have systems or virtuals with that or more to test.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:16 PM