Search Exam Result RRS feed

• Question

• User-287612207 posted

Hi i need to develop a page that displays results of students using their roll no as search parameter. I have no problem with that.

My issue is that i need to develop a form to store the invidual results of each students by their class teachers. i am not getting any ideas.

The fields im going to use are

Exam Name. Halyearly/Annul

Student Name.

Roll no.

Subjects. Subjects differ for each class

Marks.

I dont want the class teachers to type the subject names while entering the marks for each student. How can i get the subject names of a class and store them and then create a form to insert marks for those subjects.

result

Please help. I am confused

Monday, February 8, 2010 1:48 AM

Answers

• User-1804440612 posted

You can start with below tables:

Teacher(id(PK),name,dept)

student(ID, roll,name,Dept(FK),....,EduYear)(Edu year means class like first year,secod year .. final year)//You also can maintain another master table for year.

Dept(id,name)

Subject(id,deptID(FK),name,EduYear)

Result(roll(FK),subjectID,marks)

So now if you enter a roll number(if PK) then you can easily identify the dept, edu year,subjects & corresponding marks.

Rollnumber then find frst dept & year, By using dept & year you will get list of subjjects.

Let me know if you can understand yet.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 4:26 AM

All replies

• User-1804440612 posted

You can start with below tables:

Teacher(id(PK),name,dept)

student(ID, roll,name,Dept(FK),....,EduYear)(Edu year means class like first year,secod year .. final year)//You also can maintain another master table for year.

Dept(id,name)

Subject(id,deptID(FK),name,EduYear)

Result(roll(FK),subjectID,marks)

So now if you enter a roll number(if PK) then you can easily identify the dept, edu year,subjects & corresponding marks.

Rollnumber then find frst dept & year, By using dept & year you will get list of subjjects.

Let me know if you can understand yet.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 4:26 AM
  • User-709072347 posted

Hi there,

yes you can add data of each student with class teacher , u can user a drop down for class teacher name and save class teacher id in

database.

thanks to you .

Monday, April 11, 2011 3:16 AM