Modal Picker Vs. Auto complete Text Box RRS feed

• Question

• Creating a LightSwitch HTML based app. I have defined a bunch of relationships between my employees table and the Forms table.  However the only option I get is a Modal Picker to see the list items that are available for selection.  Is there anyway to get that back to an Auto Complete Textbox like is shown in a lot of the tutorials??? Modal picker is nice, but I have a lot of linked field and would rather the user start typing for an auto-complete.

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Garrett_B,

I am not fully sure about your issue, could you please describe your problem in detail?

I've done some searching for you:http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2010/09/08/how-do-i-filter-items-in-a-combobox-or-modal-window-picker-in-lightswitch-eric-erhardt.aspx

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:18 AM
  • I don't have a full answer for you, but I can tell you that the Autocomplete control is only available as a standard part of Visual Studio when you are using the Silverlight client. There is a 3rd party Autocomplete JQuery widget that is available, although I couldn't find any examples of how to use it in Lightswitch. I'm also trying to come up with an alternative to the Modal Dialog Picker and I'm getting pretty close by using a Popup in my main screen.  Good luck!

db_csg

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:50 PM