none
Handler for this exception Problem - Math Editor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working with VS2015 and I need a Math Editor. At first, I thought that an embedded control type on Main Form is good for me and I started to find the information about MS Word, Equation Editor, LaTex and so on. And I thought that I would use the way of method through adding reference or of user control. However, I couldn't process any further because I couldn't find any specific direction to do that. Then, I found an ActiveX Control by chance, doing this or that. But I got in trouble which I don't understand what to do next at all.

This is the situation up to now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Add an ActiveX

- Right Click in empty area down of Toolbox and Click Choose Items

- In the tab of COM Components, check the Hwpeq5x Control, then OK

2. Change Properties

- Drag and Drop the Hwpeq5x Control on Form1 and resize it

- In Menu, Build>Configuration Manager:

Active solution configuration: Debug(not changed), Active solution platform: <new>-x86-OK

- In Menu, Project>myProject Properties:

Debug>Enable Debuggers: check Enable native code debugging (the last item 'Enable the Visual Studio hosting process' is already checked and not changed)

3. Save All

4. Start Debugging(F5):

<Before Start> Upper rectangle is Math Editor and bottom one is RTB. And the Code is empty.

<Running>

Two Forms appear. The ActiveX is for a kind of Math Formula Editor and I expected, of course, that the upper one is fixed or embedded in bigger (bottom) Form1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A problem occur that as soon as I click the upper object, it disappears and I have an error message like;

''Exception thrown at 0x5450A097 (mfc42.dll) in WindowsApplication138.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000028.

If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.''

And if I click the button 'Break', I got another.

My plan has just two stage. One is to input math formula using editor, whether it is embedded or pop-up and the second is to import the input into RTB.

How can I solve this? I need much help.

Thanks.

• Edited by mazia21 Friday, February 24, 2017 5:59 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2017 5:56 PM

Answers

• Best advice is to contact the author and ask them what to do.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by mazia21 Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:20 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2017 6:38 PM

• You probably need to put some code in here to setup the control and possibly some events for the control to handle etc.

Also prob need an Imports statement for the control. Proper .net version if that activex control even works with .net and on and on...

Only place to find out is where you got the control as the others said.

• Marked as answer by mazia21 Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:22 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:14 PM

All replies

• Best advice is to contact the author and ask them what to do.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by mazia21 Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:20 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2017 6:38 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Since your issue is related to the third product, maybe you need to consult the author who will tell you.

I will move the case  to off-topic forum.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:06 AM

• You probably need to put some code in here to setup the control and possibly some events for the control to handle etc.

Also prob need an Imports statement for the control. Proper .net version if that activex control even works with .net and on and on...

Only place to find out is where you got the control as the others said.

• Marked as answer by mazia21 Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:22 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:14 PM
  • Hi, Karen

Sorry for late reply. The day when I posted this was the start of the weekend and so, I couldn't contact the author, in fact in this case the author is a company that made the ActiveX. In addition, your Best advice seemed to me that there's nothing that I could do to fix my problem. Actually, I was in a little bit of embarrassment. But I got to know that your Best advice is a really best advice.

I could use the ActiveX now. I did one way or another to solve it but finally, the author's guide was critical.

Thanks anyway.

Maz

• Edited by mazia21 Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:22 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:20 PM
  • Tom

I think now that the title of this post is not proper. 'How can I use an ActiveX?' seems probably much better.

I couldn't have understood your answer even though you had answered last Friday. But I hoped some more detailed example or comment like your guide last weekend. You gave a decent answer to my groundless question.

Fortunately, I'm using the control now. In my case I needed to register a DLL file for security problem and to declare the RegisterModule in declaration part of code.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:22 PM