none
INTERFACE PORTAL ISSUE? - This database is empty or its schema has not been refreshed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we're getting a strange problem under SYNC preview.
    We already migrate our relational database to SQL azure with VisualStudio Data Management Tools. everything working perfectly.

Few days ago, we plan to synchronize azure db with on premises sql server db.
    We add a agent (local), add a new group without any troubles, when trying to define sync roles under the group, using azure db as master schema, nothing happened, and we still receiving the same message "This database is empty or its schema has not been refreshed." even after refresh the schema.

We thought it was a limitation, something not well defined under our data model, but everything is immaculate. So we try to figure out what happening, adding each table individually. When we try to add table number 212, we get the cat! and try to find if is anything wrong in script constructor for table 212, and we didn't find anything wrong. To eliminate any doubts we clean all tables and add only the table 212 without any problems, and after that we can see table 212 in grid, to configure which fields should be synchronized. This grant us, it wasn't a "not well formed" issue, instead a windows azure interface portal problem, since we could see an error when the portal try to call a webservice, that probably should refresh the tables grid, where we should configure what tables and fields should be synchronized.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:14 PM

All replies

• Hi again, 
    This should help identifying the issue, my group id: 

STATUS
    Not Ready
    LAST SYNC
    N/A
    SYNC GROUP ID
    d2b8682b-29d4-4b1e-8fd8-e1ba17bf16b1_West Europe
    CONFLICT RESOLUTION
    Hub Wins

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:03 PM
  • do you have PK on your tables? on which schema (i.e., dbo, etc..) are your tables created?
    Friday, August 30, 2013 1:45 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi, that is one off the rulles to deploy to azure. If the database is already been loaded to SQL Azure and is working perfectly, I presume that is not the point.

Any way, to ensure, I clean all the tables from my db and import only the table "212" where the problema have been detected, and averything works fine.

Friday, August 30, 2013 9:12 AM
  • ... schema dbo

regards!

Friday, August 30, 2013 9:13 AM
  • Any ideas?

Regards, Leandro Alves

Monday, September 2, 2013 10:57 AM
  • Can you post a sample script of a table that's not detected?
    Monday, September 2, 2013 2:01 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi, script os entire db here

Monday, September 2, 2013 3:34 PM