none
The "SdkToolsPath" parameter is not supported by the "GenerateResource" task RRS feed

• Question

• After updating my VS license I rebuilt my solution an now I'm getting two errors:

Error 1 The "SdkToolsPath" parameter is not supported by the "GenerateResource" task. Verify the parameter exists on the task, and it is a settable public instance property.

Error 2 The "GenerateResource" task could not be initialized with its input parameters.

After searching the internet I found this solution:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12378051/msbuild-fails-with-error-msb4064-and-msb4063

but it did not correct the problem.

I can believe that updating my license caused this problem.

This application was written in VS 2005 and was upgraded to VS2013. It has been running in production for a couple of months with no issues.  Now when attempting to make a minor mod, I get these errors.  Any suggestions???

Chuck 

• Edited by Chas IT Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:30 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Chas IT,

Could you please share a simple demo about the issue Via OneDrieve, we'll reproduce your issue on our side and try to find a solution to resolve it.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:48 AM
  • Cole,

I'm not sure what you mean by "share a simple demo".  These errors occur when I try to rebuild the project.

I put a screen shot of the error on OneDrive, but I don't see how I can email you the link since I don't see your email address,  and when I tried to paste the link it this response I get a popup messages that says, "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify you account".

Thanks,

Chuck

Thursday, October 13, 2016 3:17 PM
  • Hi Chas IT,

You could create a simple demo which as the same issue. upload it to OneDrive. then share the link to us. For more information, please refer to:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07 

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:29 AM