Viewer issue with Windows Embedded standard RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

I am looking for a viewer for PDF, Excel... for a Dynics Screen running Windows Embedded Standard.  I found the reader on Microsoft's site so I downloaded it and ran the installer.  There was an error message saying that I needed platform builder 7.0 to continue with the installation.  How do I get around this?  The only information I find is that the plug in is only available with Visual Studio 2008.  What other options do I have?

Thanks in advance

• Moved by Bruce Eitman Wednesday, August 23, 2017 1:31 PM Wrong forum
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:43 PM

All replies

• There are many readers available for Windows Embedded Standard since it is Windows Desktop. Something doesn't make sense. Are you sure this computer is running Windows Embedded Standard? Platform Builder is used with Windows CE (aka Windows Embedded Compact).

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:29 PM
  • Quite sure this is Windows Embedded standard.  I even popped the search bar and looked for platform builder.  No luck.  May be the company that designed the Computer disallowed use?  Not sure.  I have contacted Dynics (Brand on the Computer) to get their take on the issue.  Have not heard back from them. 
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:01 PM
  • Platform Builder is a tool used to build Window CE images. I have no idea how a WES image would call that tool out. Getting resolution from the OEM sounds like the right path to take.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:45 AM