Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0. RRS feed

• Question

• User-173651909 posted

I'm working in MVC and Azure and I made a change to a controller (not the web.config) and something must have happened to my connection string as I get the error:

Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0.

This is my connection string:

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="MyDbEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Infrastructure.MyDbModel.csdl|res://*/Infrastructure.MyDbModel.ssdl|res://*/Infrastructure.MyDbModel.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=mydb.database.windows.net;initial catalog=Mydb;user id=myusername;password=mypassword;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

I know this error usually means a typo in the string or something but any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Adam

Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:16 AM

Answers

• User-173651909 posted

Visual Studio 2015 automagically modified it and then when I got rid of it and went to publish again Visual Studio automagically re-generated it. Works now but I don't see what I did to cause the issue...it just does things for you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:57 PM