none
VSTO plugin hides when hitting FILE menu in office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a plugin opened from a menu item on the Insert menu, and which opens in the Tast pane. My plugin is much alike the one for Clip Arts, and opens in the same pane. If you open both, they are located beside each other, with the clip art panel on the right.

If I have my plugin open and click the FILE menu (in Office 2010), and remov the file menu again my plugin has closed. I guess it closes at the first click on FILE. The Clip Art panel is still open though.

My code doesn't hit any exceptions, and my code where I remove the panel isn't called. I really can't figure out what is happening.

Is there a setting I can add in my plugin to prevent this, or is this a bug in Office 2010?

Thanks in advance,

-Martin

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:41 AM

Answers

• The CustomTaskPanes.VisibleChanged event gets fired when the FILE menu in Word 2010 gets clicked on, and I had some code in there that closed down my plugin. So I have fixed that, but didn't know that VisibleChanged event could be called when clicking the file menu
    • Marked as answer by MartinMyth Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:32 PM

All replies

• The CustomTaskPanes.VisibleChanged event gets fired when the FILE menu in Word 2010 gets clicked on, and I had some code in there that closed down my plugin. So I have fixed that, but didn't know that VisibleChanged event could be called when clicking the file menu
    • Marked as answer by MartinMyth Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:33 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:32 PM
  • Hi MartinMyth,

Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem and it's kind that you share the workaround with us, this may also help the others who have this similar problems. Wish you a nice day.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:35 AM
  • Hi MartinMyth,

What is the workaround for closed down your plugin. I have same problem. Could you please share your solution with us.?

Monday, July 29, 2013 6:28 AM