Multiple style sheets in EW template RRS feed

• Question

• Please pardon my relative ignorance; I have a couple of noob questions, as I'm just beginning to experiment with CSS in EW ... 

The Organization 1 template has 3 style sheets in addition to layout.css, but I don't see any reference to style sheets 2 or 3 in any of the elements listed in the XHTML markup for master.dwt, default.html or any of the supplied link pages.

So, two quick questions:

-- What function do style2.css and style3.css serve since there doesn't seem to be any references to them in the page markup?

-- What is the significance of "@import url("layout.css");" on line one of style1.css? layout.css contains "0" values for all of the elements found in the deault and link pages.

Thanks in advance ...
    Friday, September 19, 2008 8:58 PM

Answers

• If you don't see the style sheets mentioned, they're okay to delete. They'd probably just be there in case you wanted to use those style sheets instead.

2. Browsers still need to have a size specification, even if it's 0. Otherwise they create their own numbers. Try previewing the page first in a browser with 0, and then without... see what I mean?

Web Designers for Obama/Biden 08.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 9:07 PM

All replies

• If you don't see the style sheets mentioned, they're okay to delete. They'd probably just be there in case you wanted to use those style sheets instead.

2. Browsers still need to have a size specification, even if it's 0. Otherwise they create their own numbers. Try previewing the page first in a browser with 0, and then without... see what I mean?

Web Designers for Obama/Biden 08.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 9:07 PM
  • The extra style sheets are options with different styles.  If you use a EW web template, you could replace the master.dwt reference to, for example, style2.css with, say, style3.css, and you'd have a slightly new look to the site.  If you are not using them, you can delete them.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 9:14 PM
  • Thanks to both of you for your helpful replies.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 11:33 PM