none
Installing and Configuring BizTalk Server 2013 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

For our project my client have not done installation properly , as I cannot see default config,Message Box database in SQL Server.

Also when I open management studio I cannot see database name where I can see default BizTalk project.

Do I need to reinstall it, pls advise how to proceed.

--

Regards

Sandeep

Sunday, July 24, 2016 7:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi 

Are you looking at the correct SQL server? Are BizTalk databases created in a named SQL instance?

If you open BizTalk Administration Console on one of the BizTalk Server(s), what happens when you right-click on BizTalk Group(in the left pane) and go to Properties? Do you see values for Server, Database etc.?

Also try to create a dummy FILE adapter SendPort/ReceiveLocation. If you can create it, your BizTalk environment is configured fine.

If you are not able to perform the above, you will have to configure your BizTalk environment first. Refer below resources which has detailed steps on configuration-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35552

https://sandroaspbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/installing-biztalk-server-2013-r2-in-a-basic-multi-computer-environment-user-guide/

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/skesiraju/2014/07/02/biztalk-server-2013r2-installation-multi-server-screen-shots/

Thanks Arindam

Sunday, July 24, 2016 7:14 PM
  • Hi,

If this is SQL Server issue, prepare Your Computer for install SQL Server:

Install SQL Server 2008 R2

Install SQL Server 2012

Install SQL Server 2014

When you install SQL Server, select the following features:

• Database Engine Services

• SQL Server Replication

• Full-Text Search

• Analysis Services

• Reporting Services

• Shared Features

• SQL Server Data Tools (SQL Server 2014 / SQL Server 2012) or Business Intelligence Development Studio (SQL Server 2008 R2)

Download SQL Server 2014 Data Tools

• Client Tools Connectivity

• Integration Services

• Management Tools - Basic

• Management Tools - Complete

Regards,

Angie 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 25, 2016 3:15 AM
  • Dear Arindam,

I cannot see anything in SQL Server and nothing I see under BizTalk Administration Console.

So I proceed to configure BizTalk I guess BizTalk is only installed. Also advise the pre-requisite required might not have been done like enabling IIS or giving reference of .cab file during installation.

-- Regards Sandeep

Monday, July 25, 2016 10:35 AM
  • Hi Sandeep

So I guess only installation is done. To be sure,  do a repair using the installation media. There are quite a few things you need to take care of before starting the configuration like using domain groups and user accounts. Download the Document in the first link I shared - it has all the details and prerequisites.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, July 25, 2016 11:11 AM
  • Dear Arindam,

The document has only multi server installation where as we are doing single server installation.

Can you give me link for single server installation.

-- Regards Sandeep

Monday, July 25, 2016 12:08 PM
  • Hi Sandeep

It's the same process - the same concepts apply.

You can follow the the same document - just that you have to do all the steps on only one server.

The additional steps that are needed in multi-server environments - like Join to existing BizTalk Group, or Join to existing SSO will not apply in your case.

Follow that document and let us know if you have any specific doubts.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, July 25, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Thanks Arindam,

I will try and do the configuration ..

-- Regards Sandeep

• Marked as answer by Sandeep.Handa Monday, July 25, 2016 12:20 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 12:20 PM