none
PDP with No Workflow and Required fields RRS feed

• Question

• I created a set of PDP's with custom fields and workflow enabled and the various Stages with NO Workflow. All works fine except when I now try to make a field required. When I open the PDP and make a change I'm not prompted to complete the other Required fields. Is this because I chose No Workflow ? I was assuming that by enabling the field for workflow would allow me to then make it Required via the Stage, otherwise if I make the field required then they all appear when I try to Save\Publish a project using Project Pro.

Your thoughts, Brian.

Friday, December 10, 2010 2:38 PM

Answers

• If the field is controlled by workflow then it will be required at the stage - if you set it up that way. If it is not controlled by workflow then the value follows the ordinary project requirements and should be required at project save.

If you want it to be required at a stage you need to set the field to be "controlled by workflow" and make it required at the stage that you are in.

Stages are workflow.

This question probably should be in the project server set-up and configuration group.

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Friday, December 10, 2010 8:08 PM