FQDN Error with Error 1418 and Error 1408 when configuring mirror on work group pc RRS feed

• Question

• I configured mirror on work group PC without witness server so when I  start mirroring i get error one or more of the server network address lack a FQDN...

and Error 1418 : The remote copy of the database "database name"is not recovered far enough to anable database database name.

and error 1408 : the server network address"TCP://Qureshi:5022" cannot be reached or does not exist..

Is this mirror works on work group PC.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:21 PM

All replies

• did you start the both(Principle) and Mirrored server with the same user name and password

for more info check my blog

http://sqlservr.blog.com/2011/12/29/database-mirroring-in-simple-steps/

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:44 PM
  • Two things at play here

1) Your log sequence numbers are not close enough to enable database mirroring. Take a recent log backup from your principal database and restore it on your mirror database using the WITH NORECOVERY option.

2) If you do not have a DNS server, you need to provide a FQDN for your SQL Server machines using the hosts file. 

Check out this article for a step-by-step instruction on how to configure database mirroring for workgroup computers or for computers in different Active Directory domains. You will need certificates to configure security between them.

Edwin Sarmiento SQL Server MVP
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Proposed as answer by Mike Yin Sunday, May 26, 2013 4:32 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:56 PM