List and Detail Screen plust Detail Grid... RRS feed

• Question

• Please help. See examples below.  I have a LightSwitch Products List and Detail screen. Detail Product List column displays fine.  Product Detail column (data in column format as I need to conserve screen space) displayed fine after many tries. The problem begins here...  I am trying to display a Customer Detail Screen (grid) directly under the List Detail data and to the left against the List Column.  The grid just wants to act as another column and cannot seem to break it out of this format (how I wish I could just drag it!!).  I tried many combinations and layouts (row, column, table, etc,) formats in the tree structure.  I am really frustrated (spent 2 days trying to figure this out) as this is a new job and trying to make a good impression.  If you respond, please try a real example as it is more difficult than it looks, if not impossible!  

Edward Piccoli

Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• You want your logical layout to look more like this:

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

Monday, October 21, 2013 6:35 AM
  • Thanks so much Justin.  This was really important for my job.  I entered the code (see below) exactly as you said.  It fixed most of the screen  format problem but the bottom grid needs to be up higher (just below the column data at the top).  I need this real estate as that was my companies initial problem with using up separate lines for property 1 thru 4.  Would you kindly see if you can solve that.  I will be trying everything I can think of (I am still learning a lot).  Again thank you very much.

Edward Piccoli

Monday, October 21, 2013 4:03 PM
  • Hi Edward,

Try this vertical alignments

Daniel

Monday, October 21, 2013 5:29 PM
  • Thank you.  That worked perfect.  You and Justin were life savers.

Edward Piccoli

Monday, October 21, 2013 7:18 PM