none
Reuse the envelop on EDI sub documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am splitting a 4010 EDI document using "multiple" schema and using a send port and Edi send pipeline to drop the splitted edi sub-documents (in edi format). my question is how do i resuse the envelope on a splitted document which came with the actual batch.

i am relatively new to biztalk and using biztalk 2009. any help would be greatly apprectiated.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 2:14 PM

Answers

• Did you try preserve interchange option in the party property? That could help you to retain control number to attach to original interchange. 

Thanks!

Devaraj

Friday, May 14, 2010 6:27 AM

All replies

• Is there a particular reason you want to do that? Just assign the send pipeline to a party and use that envelope. That would be much easier than having to re-use it. The envolpes are stored in a database and I am not sure what you mean by re-using it.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, May 10, 2010 3:03 PM
  •  

You can split(Debatch) the message in the receive pipeline also you have the envelope information in the message context as promoted properties so you can use in your send port to filter and apply your map or send to different endpoints or you can access those properties in your orchestration etc. So give more details what made you to choice sendport for splitting your 4010 messages.

-SHR

Monday, May 10, 2010 9:33 PM
  • We have a requirement to split the batch first and store the splitted ANSI transactions in the database. after the splitted messages are preserved than i can start processing the batch. The reason i am aking to preserve the evelope is to attach the original envelope back to the splitted transactions.   
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:42 PM
  • Did you try preserve interchange option in the party property? That could help you to retain control number to attach to original interchange. 

Thanks!

Devaraj

Friday, May 14, 2010 6:27 AM