Wierd issue of Blazor Template for Server side in core RRS feed

• Question

• User-927133721 posted

Hello People,

I went through the internet before posting here. I've followed all the steps given on Blazor website for getting started and have .Net core 2.1 RC and vs2017 5.18

The issue is Blazor with server side in.net core template is created but not loaded in solution explorer. All the other templates work fine.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really looking forward to work with blazor as my go-to tech stack

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 5:08 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

akshayhalasangi

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really looking forward to work with blazor as my go-to tech stack

Blazor is experimental.  Play around all you like but I do not recommend making Blazor your go to stack. 

With that being said, I have a Blazor test app and it works as expected.  Meaning I can see the project in solution explorer and the project runs.  Is there anyway you can post your project on GIT so we can see what's going on?

BTW, Core 2.1 has been released and VS is at 15.8.5.   Maybe that's the issue.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 5:17 PM
  • User-927133721 posted
    I looked under the hood and found that the solution has two folders created as expected in Windows explorer but they don't show up in vs2017. I'll try to work with vscode to figure out what's happening. Till then if anyone else is able to reproduce the issue and have a solution for it please let me know.
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:24 AM
  • User-1764593085 posted

Hi akshayhalasangi,

I follow the get started with Blazor and all of them work well. ( .net core SDK 2.1.302 , VS 2017 15.7.3)

I have also seen the Prerequisites here that you need to update Visual Studio to vs2017 15.7 or later to open the template.

Xing

Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:12 AM