none
Error  DEP6701 Visual Studio Community 2015 Update 3

Question

• Hi,

i have the following error when i try to run a project on the Windows Mobile Emulator:

Error DEP6701: The directory specified 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Phone Tools\14.0\Debugger\target\x86\1040\DiagnosticsHubMsg.dll' was not found.

I tried to reinstall VS and all its components, but this doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Mattmsn

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Mattmsn,

According to the Error message, DiagnosticsHubMsg.dll file is missing in your computer. Please check your computer whether the file exists in the folder above. In my computer I have checked the folder, and DiagnosticsHubMsg.dll file is in 1033 folder. Please refer to the following screenshot.

Please make sure you have installed Windows Phone components. Please click start->control panel-> programs and features->right-click Microsoft Visual Studio VS 2015->change. And refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Mattmsn Friday, August 19, 2016 2:26 PM
    Friday, August 19, 2016 5:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Mattmsn,

Since this issue was more related to visual studio, I would help you move to Visual Studio forum for better support.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 11:57 AM
  • Hi Xavier,

thanks for the reply and your help! I hope someone can solve my error soon.

Kind regards,

Mattmsn

Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:23 PM
  • Hi Mattmsn,

According to the Error message, DiagnosticsHubMsg.dll file is missing in your computer. Please check your computer whether the file exists in the folder above. In my computer I have checked the folder, and DiagnosticsHubMsg.dll file is in 1033 folder. Please refer to the following screenshot.

Please make sure you have installed Windows Phone components. Please click start->control panel-> programs and features->right-click Microsoft Visual Studio VS 2015->change. And refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Mattmsn Friday, August 19, 2016 2:26 PM
    Friday, August 19, 2016 5:34 AM
  • Hi Oscar,

thank you so much for your help!!! Before I had not installed the "Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Tools" ... Now it works perfectly!

Best regards,

Mattmsn

Friday, August 19, 2016 2:26 PM