Cannot Edit My Data Driven Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• "The value provided for the StartDateTime field is not valid for its type. It cannot be converted from a string value to the type that is required. (rsElementTypeMismatch) Get Online Help
    Home

I'm a noobie. Getting the above error message SS 2012. Here's what happened. About 20 minutes ago I created a data driven subscription which worked fine (I set it for every five minutes, it ran 3 times). Then I edited the schedule but made a typo generating the above error.  The report is still running every five minutes. I'm going to have to put a stop to SqlAgent.

When I click the Edit button I get the error message again, immediately  - I never get a chance to edit the subscription. I suppose I could delete it, but isn't there a way to edit it?

• Edited by jal2 Saturday, January 3, 2015 12:15 PM
    Saturday, January 3, 2015 12:14 PM

Answers

• I think what you can do is to identify the job that subscription created and edit the schedule properties from sql agent

Use this to get job details

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1846/how-to-easily-identify-a-scheduled-sql-server-reporting-services-report/

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Marked as answer by Vicky_Liu Monday, January 5, 2015 8:06 AM
    Saturday, January 3, 2015 6:34 PM
  • Thanks! That's an excellent solution, although it basically asks me to script my own version of Report Manager so I can edit a subscription whenever Report Manager fails to do its job. It's a great idea, although it's a little scary as I would worry about making a scripting error that crashes/corrupts the service. I was hoping for an easier solution.

Does this kind of thing happen often?  I hope not.

I've not seen this myself but have heard from my own colleagues facing this. The solution I suggested has worked for some of the cases atleast

Visakh
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Marked as answer by jal2 Monday, January 5, 2015 6:28 AM
    Sunday, January 4, 2015 8:56 AM

All replies

• I think what you can do is to identify the job that subscription created and edit the schedule properties from sql agent

Use this to get job details

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1846/how-to-easily-identify-a-scheduled-sql-server-reporting-services-report/

Visakh
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Saturday, January 3, 2015 6:34 PM
  • Thanks! That's an excellent solution, although it basically asks me to script my own version of Report Manager so I can edit a subscription whenever Report Manager fails to do its job. It's a great idea, although it's a little scary as I would worry about making a scripting error that crashes/corrupts the service. I was hoping for an easier solution.

• Unmarked as answer by Vicky_Liu Monday, January 5, 2015 8:06 AM
    Saturday, January 3, 2015 9:16 PM

I've not seen this myself but have heard from my own colleagues facing this. The solution I suggested has worked for some of the cases atleast

Visakh
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Marked as answer by jal2 Monday, January 5, 2015 6:28 AM
    Sunday, January 4, 2015 8:56 AM