Can an Excel template be uploaded as an app? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a series of Excel bookkeeping spreadsheets that I sell via my website. Is there any way to package them or otherwise turn them into an app suitable for the Windows app store?  (I'm a bookkeeper, not a programmer so be easy on me.) Any advice would be appreciated.

Michelle Carley

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:06 PM

Answers

• No, you would need to write an app. There is no in-box support for Excel files in Windows Store apps, but you may be able to find a third party component. That would still require writing code to use.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:53 PM

All replies

• No, you would need to write an app. There is no in-box support for Excel files in Windows Store apps, but you may be able to find a third party component. That would still require writing code to use.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:53 PM
  • Thanks, Rob Caplan, for your quick response.  So a third party component like spreadsheetgear may work?

Michelle Carley

Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:37 AM
  • I am not familiar with spreadsheetgear so you will need to check with them. You will need a component which is designed for use in Windows Store apps, not one which requires the full .Net Framework.

See .NET for Windows Store apps for information on the sections of .Net available to Windows Store apps.

--Rob

Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:40 AM