Handling of SSO login using ADFS authentication in web performance test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a web test for scenario for a web application which has SSO (Single Sign-on Authentication with ADFS). In the web test recorded i can see some requests to the (https://federation-stage.xxxxxx.com/adfs/ls/). This request returns the MSAuth tokens in the response which means successful authentication. When i rerun the recorded script after handling all the dynamic parameters this request doesn't return the auth codes instead it redirects to the login screen. I have compared the data sent with this request with the actual request in the browser and did not find any discrepancy. Neither did i get anything in the response which can point out the incorrect data. Can someone please guide on how to go ahead with this troubleshooting and automate correct SSO ADFS authentication in the web test. Thanks

• Edited by VaishaliK Friday, August 31, 2018 1:15 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2018 1:12 PM

All replies

• I suggest recording two web tests that just do the login. As nearly as possible, make them identical. Then compare the ".webtest" files using a text compare program, the files are just XML. That process often reveals other pieces of dynamic data. It can be worth recording a third webtest that logs in as a different user, then compare it to the other files.

Your question says "after handling all the dynamic parameters". Not sure what you mean by this. Visual Studio detects many dynamic parameters but not all. These have to be found and handled manually.

Regards

Adrian

Friday, August 31, 2018 8:24 PM
  • Hi,

Have you managed to do this? I've done it but it takes about 24/36/48h for it to start to fail maybe due to some request id expiration or something.

Have you faced this?

Thank you

Thursday, January 9, 2020 3:05 PM