none
WCF-Custom Adapter Configuration Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have this requirement of suspending the incoming SOAP message so that I can read the incoming SOAP message. To do so, I did the following:
    1. Stopped the receiving send port
    2. Configured the WCF-Custom adapter to commit the complete SOAP message into the message box. I did this by specifying the BizTalk message body as "Envelope" in the "Messages" tab in the Adapter configuration pop up.

Ideally, it should right the entire SOAP message to the message box. But what I observed is that its writing the BODY content only.

Why is it behaving like this? I tried this on a netTCP WCF adapter. It works fine there.

Will appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Bibhu

Friday, June 27, 2014 11:06 AM

Answers

• Same issue has been discussed days back

Orchestration subscription includes value for BTS.MessageType context property, this mean you can't start orchestration with the soap envelope message type because the XmlDisassembler Component will discard the soap:Envelope content and the messaging engine will only get the soap:Body content – so at the end of the process, BTS.MessageType context property will be set to the actual message type of content under soap:Body section and the orchestration will never start with the type soap:Envelope.

In case you need to process the entire soap:Envelope inside orchestration:

Use PassThruReceive pipeline.
    Define message of type BTS.soap_envelope_1__1 message inside the orchestration (Message Type > schemas > from referenced assembly > Microsoft.BizTalk.GlobalPropertySchemas).
    Use Xml Document as the incoming message.
    Assign the incoming Xml Document message to the BTS.soap_envelope_1__1 message.

Ref :http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3885f6a7-07ba-4a5a-8937-90c00286a2fd/receive-complete-soap-envelope-as-message?forum=biztalkgeneral#f280aa7a-a66e-410b-9754-856a7a6db8ac

Thanks

Abhishek

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:53 AM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 11:17 AM