Web.config intellisense error when using Azure cache for session state RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to help a client migrate their ASP.Net application to Azure. Most of the migration is done, but when trying to change the session state from 'InProc' to Azure cache, intellisense refuses to recognize the following elements:

cacheName="default"
                  useBlobMode="true"
                  dataCacheClientName="default" />

BTW, I have added references to all the Azure caching libraries as suggested by Microsoft. The project is targeted at .Net framework 4.0 and I have Azure libraries of November 2011 installed.

How do I fix this? Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Friday, March 2, 2012 6:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This is the known issue for Windows Azure Cache Service, Visual Studio intellisense can not recognize cachename, useBlobMode properties defaultly (just like some WCF relay bindings in web.config file), but they works fine if you have intalled relative components. So, you can ignore them when writting code. 

Hope it can help you.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by Arwind - MSFT Friday, March 9, 2012 10:10 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Hope the task 2 in the link below will help you in configuring the session state.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/gg457897

Thanks,

VMAC

Friday, March 2, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Hi VMAC,

I had done the configuration exactly as per task 2 of the article for which you have given the link. However, web.config shows these three elements underlined in red, with intellisense showing the error "cacheName attribute not allowed", etc for all these elements.

Thanks.

Friday, March 2, 2012 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

This is the known issue for Windows Azure Cache Service, Visual Studio intellisense can not recognize cachename, useBlobMode properties defaultly (just like some WCF relay bindings in web.config file), but they works fine if you have intalled relative components. So, you can ignore them when writting code. 

Hope it can help you.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by Arwind - MSFT Friday, March 9, 2012 10:10 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 10:16 AM