none
Desktop Skype API C# RRS feed

• Question

• Would appreciate some guidance from experts on my programming task..

I'm just not having any luck to interact with Skype Desktop using C#. The user sends messages to the Skype, and I would like to interact with Skype using C#, receive messages, parse it, and send response back to the user who sent it. 

I tried Skype4COMLib. No luck here

I tried exploring, Slack interaction with Skype, so that I can program against Slack. No luck here

I tried exploring Azure bot. No luck here.

Why is it so difficult to interact with Skype Desktop ?

Need help please.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hi cradhak,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, please try to use SkypeNet alternative to the Skype4COM library.

There are two main classes: 

SkypeNet.cs:  Provides low level communication with a Skype instance only via the windows messaging functions. No understanding of the data that is passed to or received from Skype. Few points of failures, best suited for debugging or monitoring situations.

SkypeNetClient.cs:  High-level access to a Skype instance. This class understands the messages being passed and is aware of protocol support etc. This is the class is best suted for applications that want to interact with Skype (e.g. initiate or receive calls, chats, sms etc)

For more details, please refer to the GitHub.

https://github.com/sverrirs/SkypeNet

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:25 AM
  • I would also like to interact with Skype but I do not understand how to use SkypeNet.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:50 PM