none
Text always prints black color RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a simple WPF application which prints some simple controls (let's say it is a TextBlock with some text). [Even if I print it from Word I see the same behavior]

If I print to the printer that we produced and driver that we developed then text color is always black (only if it is white then text color is white).

But if I print it to another printers the text color is ok (what it should be).

One more interesting thing - if I render this control to the image and print image it prints correctly.

What should be reason of the mistake? For example, on the driver level.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, August 18, 2014 10:09 AM

Answers

• I could not find the reason of it so my workaround is: render to raster to WPF Image control and print it. It works fine for me.
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 10:21 AM

All replies

• Some more facts:

I saved my content to XPS file and it looks ok (because it contains gray color):

<Glyphs OriginX="0" OriginY="29.1966666666667" FontRenderingEmSize="32" FontUri="/Resources/c4e655bd-50f8-4e33-af77-4e7f984fa812.ODTTF" UnicodeString="1233" Fill="#FFC3C3C3" xml:lang="en-us" />

But when I try to print it via different tools it prints differently. XPS Viewer and Internet Explorer prints this text as gray, but another tool called FreeOpener prints it as black.

What can be a reason of such a strange behavior? Is it a driver level? Or settings? Or some another place?

Please advice.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:14 PM
  • I could not find the reason of it so my workaround is: render to raster to WPF Image control and print it. It works fine for me.
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 10:21 AM