SMS by user RRS feed

• Question

• User417457257 posted
    hi everyone
    how are you ,iam knew in thes forums
    and i see there is some members smart and i hope they going to help me
    i am work on my senior project that is offer services for university student and i want to know how i can make this :

if student forget hes/hir username and password how he will going to insert his /her E-mail and press go then the reqest will go and access the datapase (my sql) and will look for username and password for that e-mail and will send it back thrugh SMS
    how i can make it help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

if you can give me code or articals or any thing that going to help me in this ....

am waiting
    <!-- / message -->
    Wednesday, July 13, 2005 4:39 PM

All replies

• User-95607119 posted
    Maybe this one helps you: http://gpf.0wnsj00.net/blog/archives/11-ASP.NET-Mobile-FAQ.html
    Thursday, July 14, 2005 5:31 AM
  • User1314949976 posted
    what about sending sms from a web application?? can you advise please!
    Sunday, July 17, 2005 6:56 AM
  • User-95607119 posted
    Okay, let's go to other round then.

"You can send SMS and MMS through some HTTP-based messaging gateway. You cannot use ASP.NET to make visitor's device send SMS or MMS. For HTTP-based messaging gateways check out services like http://www.mxtelecom.com/ and http://www.smsdriver.com/. There are also many other services that you can use.

HTTP-based messaging gateways have their own API-s you can use and this far I've seen no complex ones. I got SMS sending work over MxTelecom services after two minutes, so it should be easy enough also for beginners.

Once you get API documentation from gateway provider you can write your code to send requests and process responses. Use WebRequest/HttpWebRequest and WebResponse/HttpWebResponse classes from System.Net namespace."

Sunday, July 17, 2005 8:59 AM
  • User1314949976 posted
    Okay, let's go to other round then.

You cannot use ASP.NET to make visitor's device send SMS or MMS. For HTTP-based messaging gateways check out services like http://www.mxtelecom.com/ and http://www.smsdriver.com/. There are also many other services that you can use.

1) what you mean by this??
    2) after i made the website that send SMS i will convert all the functionality to Web services.. is that possible and will the web services for the SMS will be different from the Web services for other purposes??

i do appreciate your help!!
    Sunday, July 17, 2005 10:19 AM
  • User-95607119 posted
    >1) what you mean by this??
    You cannot write a web-based system that makes user device send SMS/MMS out from device.

>2) after i made the website that send SMS i will convert all the functionality to Web services.. is that possible and will the web services for the SMS will be different from the Web services for other purposes??
    No, exactly the same.
    Sunday, July 17, 2005 11:17 AM
  • User1314949976 posted
    i really appreciate your reply ... Thanks alot!!

can you complete your favour with me and tell me about good resources or code samples about sending simple sms through a asp.net application??

i will start project for my final year to do asp.net application that send SMS and after that i will extend it to a web services.... by the way i have a provider...it is a 'Clickatell' if you hear about them.

i hope you can help and advise!!! Thanks again!!
    Sunday, July 17, 2005 11:58 AM
  • User-95607119 posted
    Every SMS HTTP gateway provider has their own API. Just choose provider and read their technical materialis. If your provider doesn't have support for SOAP and you want make your systems using SOAP - no problem. You can write web services and these web services are just functioning as wrapper. Your systems will use these web services and they know nothing what's going on behind the calls. Once your SMS gateway service provider offers SOAP based interface you need only to change your own web services. Your applications etc work as before as they don't know what happend behind curtains. [:)]
    Sunday, July 17, 2005 7:45 PM
  • User1314949976 posted
    thanks for your reply...... i will look at the documentation and try to do something simple to see how it is work ,..... also i love to have a look at other examples if possible that you can refere to me......... i may need some help or ask some question later if you donot mind to help

i appreciate your valuable effort and and thanks  alot

Monday, July 18, 2005 11:00 AM
  • User-95607119 posted
    Sure, ask if you have questions. I'm glad if I can help you.

You don't need code examples this much I think. Basically you need to know how to format your HTTP requests to SMS gateway if you are using usual HTTP requests. Some SMS gateway providers have SOAP webservices too. If your service provider has SOAP services available then I strongly recommend to use these if they work perfectly.
    Monday, July 18, 2005 1:32 PM
  • User1314949976 posted
    thanks again and i will check the provider and see if they support the SOAP otherwise i need to write the WS from the scratch
    Monday, July 18, 2005 2:57 PM