New to VS2013 (just moved in from VS2010) RRS feed

• Question

• User1608405469 posted

So the boss allowed me to upgrade from 2010 to 2013.  I created a new website using the default ASP.Net Web Forms Site.  Wow things have changed!  I seen things I ain't never seen before (Mama told me not to come).  Loads of stuff in the App_Code folder.  Bootstrap by default?  Javascript libraries by default?!  What looks to me like MVC-lite!  I think my head may have just exploded...

Some stuff I'm fine with (bootstrap, javascript, etc) but everything in the App_Code folder is all new to me.  Is this whole new format documented in a book I can buy off amazon?  I like what I'm seeing but I need to get up to speed on it quickly.  Is this considered VS2013 or .Net 4.x+ or some sort of prelude to an alien invasion.  I just don't know...

Monday, June 23, 2014 12:34 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi edowney,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

There are many new features in Visual Studio 2013 comparing to Visual Studio 2010.

To learn more about the new features in Visual Studio 2013:

What's New in Visual Studio 2013: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386063.aspx 

Is this whole new format documented in a book I can buy off amazon?  I like what I'm seeing but I need to get up to speed on it quickly.  Is this considered VS2013 or .Net 4.x+ or some sort of prelude to an alien invasion.

For this question, there are lots of tutorials available in asp.net library, you can get a series of web form documents in the link below.

Reference:

Getting Started with ASP.NET 4.5 Web Forms and Visual Studio 2013

Best regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 10:25 PM