none
Link to SQL refresh connection string RRS feed

• Question

• I manage to create a user interface that changes the database name to use with my application the problem is that the first time it is not changed so the LINK TO SQL class still points to the old database, although the connectionstring is changed, so I can not verify if it is a valid database, anyone have an ideia whats going on?,
    also in the user interface I would like to have a button to test the connection but I don't know what commands would generate a sucessfull connection or a failed one.
    and also how to clear the sql catalog, I created several databases deleted them and now I can't re-creat them because an error is reported saying them already exist!
    Thanks
    • Moved by Mike Wachal - MSFT Saturday, January 9, 2010 7:28 PM LINQ question is better in data access forum (From:SQL Server Express)
    • Moved by Stoyko Kostov - MSFT Friday, January 15, 2010 6:07 PM Several questions here, but the main focus is on LINQ behavior (From:SQL Server Data Access)
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 5:12 PM

All replies

• Antonio,
    To let us better understand your problem and perform effective research, could you please post your code snippets?

Best regards,
    Charles Wang
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:28 AM
  • It seems Linq to Sql has this problem it has to restart the application in order to changes take place, I've read it in another question here. I'm trying another way to solve the question and not use LINQ TO SQL unless I find the answer I'm changing the application to use system.data.
    Thanks.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 12:37 PM