• All Office applications, from Access to Visio
      • All Office versions, from 2000 to 2013
      • All Office editions, from Home to Ultimate
      • All Office "bits", x86 and x64

regards

Kumaran
    Monday, April 1, 2013 6:53 AM

Answers

• not really worth the trouble - for example .net supports add-ins from office 2003 onward, so for anything below you would have to use vb6 or c++. As vb6 does not support 64 bit, you are really stuck with c++, which on the other hand will require different compilations for 32 and 64 bit.
    Monday, April 1, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Hi Reshma

VSTO cannot help you do this. Possibly, it could be done with a non-VSTO COM add-in, but that's off-topic for the VSTO forum, so I'm moving your question to the General Office Developer forum.

Please also note that some versions of Office (such as 2010 Starter Edition and 2013 for Tablets) do not support COM add-ins at all.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Monday, April 1, 2013 3:38 PM

All replies

• not really worth the trouble - for example .net supports add-ins from office 2003 onward, so for anything below you would have to use vb6 or c++. As vb6 does not support 64 bit, you are really stuck with c++, which on the other hand will require different compilations for 32 and 64 bit.
    Monday, April 1, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Hi Reshma

VSTO cannot help you do this. Possibly, it could be done with a non-VSTO COM add-in, but that's off-topic for the VSTO forum, so I'm moving your question to the General Office Developer forum.

Please also note that some versions of Office (such as 2010 Starter Edition and 2013 for Tablets) do not support COM add-ins at all.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Monday, April 1, 2013 3:38 PM