none
Missing logs ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I am using the application insights analytics -> logs

I have application insights running 24/7 but i seem to only have partial logs. I see logs all day long but its only partial not every single request is logged. Is there a some settings i need to active or turn up the power to have every request / dependency call logged ?

Best Reg.

Guðjón Ingi

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hello.

I am using the application insights analytics -> logs

I have application insights running 24/7 but i seem to only have partial logs. Is there a some settings i need to active or turn up the power to have every request / dependency call logged ?

Best Reg.

Guðjón Ingi

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:38 PM
  • if this question is for Application insight , please post this on that forum. Application Insights (AI)

Thanks Himanshu

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 12:42 AM
  • Guðjón,

There are a couple reasons why you might not see every single request:

There is a daily cap which defaults to 100 GB/day (if created in the portal) or a much smaller 32.3 MB/day (if created in Visual Studio) and can go up to 1,000 GB/day or more if requested.

To set or check this:

• Go to your Application Insights Resource
    • Under Configure, click on Usage and estimated costs
    • Under Data Volume Cap, click on configure your daily volume cap

Sampling would result in a percentage of the records being discarded while preserving statistically correct analysis (set by the user if they want to reduce traffic and data costs, and avoid throttling).

Throttling limits the data rate to 32,000 events per second (averaged over 1 minute per instrumentation key).  If it exceeds the per-second rate averaged over the minute, the server refuses some requests. The SDK buffers the data and then tries to resend it. It spreads out a surge over several minutes. If your app consistently sends data at more than the throttling rate, some data will be dropped. (The ASP.NET, Java, and JavaScript SDKs try to resend data this way; other SDKs might simply drop throttled data.) If throttling occurs, a notification warning alerts you that this has occurred.

If none of these addresses your issue, please let us know so we can follow up with an investigation into what you are experiencing.

Friday, April 5, 2019 2:53 AM