none
Debug Step Into (F8) key brings up search window within VBA 7.1 RRS feed

• Question

• This is the first time I've posted here so bare with me. 

I'm using Office 2013 Excel.  From within Excel I'm launching Visual Basic from the Developer tab.  I'm running Windows 7 64.

I've gone to this extent of explaining how I get to VB since it seems there are many flavors out there and I want to be clear as to which VB I'm using. 

I've read the other posts and those seem to be referencing another flavor of VB which is not the one I'm using when I get to it from Excel.   From the about menu item in VB is says "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications 7.1".  

When I'm using the debugger and trying to step through code by setting breakpoints instead of VB stepping through code (like it should) the search window pops up.   From the debug menu clicking "Step Into" works but F8 does not...really frustrating. 

Not sure how this got mapped to what it's doing now.  I tried reinstalling Office to no avail.  It didn't do anything.  Can someone help me understand how to map F8 so it performs the correct function within VB?  Thanks.

• Moved by Marvin_Guo Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:47 AM VBE issue
    Monday, January 13, 2014 11:23 PM

All replies

• This is the first time I've posted here so bare with me. 

I'm using Office 2013 Excel.  From within Excel I'm launching Visual Basic from the Developer tab.  I'm running Windows 7 64.

I've gone to this extent of explaining how I get to VB since it seems there are many flavors out there and I want to be clear as to which VB I'm using. 

I've read the other posts and those seem to be referencing another flavor of VB which is not the one I'm using when I get to it from Excel.   From the about menu item in VB is says "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications 7.1".  

When I'm using the debugger and trying to step through code by setting breakpoints instead of VB stepping through code (like it should) the search window pops up.   From the debug menu clicking "Step Into" works but F8 does not...really frustrating. 

Not sure how this got mapped to what it's doing now.  I tried reinstalling Office to no avail.  It didn't do anything.  Can someone help me understand how to map F8 so it performs the correct function within VB?  Thanks.

Monday, January 13, 2014 11:23 PM
  • Hi ,

The Visual Basic For Applications (VBA) forum will be a better forum for you to ask this question. And I will help you to move your case to Visual Basic For Applications (VBA) forum .

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:47 AM