none
Windows embedded standard 2009 with IIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I have to install WES 2009 to some systems.

Now it is very important to know, that Internet Information Services (IIS) is involved an running at Windows embedded Standard 2009.

Thanks for information

Monday, February 28, 2011 9:36 AM

Answers

• The IIS web server can be found as part of the following component

Internet Information Services Technology

then if you also click on the setting you can select the elements that you wish to include in your image.

When you build your image you will have to decide what you wish to include in terms of functionality for your finished image

Within the Target Designer you have access to many sub parts of the Operating system, it is the act of bringing them all together to support your hardware and software requirements that needs careful thought and consideration

good Luck

Richard

www.embeddedtalk.co.uk www.steatite.co.uk
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:15 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Can you clarify what you ar asking about IIS? Did you include teh IIS components? What are you trying to do with IIS?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:00 AM
  • Hello again.

I want to know, that IIS is running with embedded standard 2009.

Also it is important for me, that IIS  is already involved in WES2009 or it is to be installed in it.

thanks

Hans

Monday, March 7, 2011 11:15 AM
  • It seems that you don't know what windows embedded is (about).
    Add the right components and you will have IIS features.

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Monday, March 7, 2011 4:25 PM
  • The IIS web server can be found as part of the following component

Internet Information Services Technology

then if you also click on the setting you can select the elements that you wish to include in your image.

When you build your image you will have to decide what you wish to include in terms of functionality for your finished image

Within the Target Designer you have access to many sub parts of the Operating system, it is the act of bringing them all together to support your hardware and software requirements that needs careful thought and consideration

good Luck

Richard

www.embeddedtalk.co.uk www.steatite.co.uk
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:15 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello.

Ok, so i will try it.

On today I got the target designer.

Thanks

hans

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Bringing this thread to live after a few years.

We got a WES 2009 without IIS installed and with no acces to add/remove windows component snap-in.

Unfortunately we noticed this when we invested some time configuration other stuff.

Would it be possible to install IIS 6.0 even manually with some tool like pkemgr o the only way is going back to the origin and create a new image with IIS already in?

Creating a new image will involve other teams so it could take us more than if we'd able to do on ourselves.

Monday, February 2, 2015 3:24 PM
  • For WES2009, once the image is built, it is difficult just to add features to a built image. It is easier to go back to Target Designer and rebuild the image.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, February 2, 2015 5:33 PM