I can't add reference to SQLite RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to add a reference to the SQLite I've installed I just get the yellow exclamation mark that says it can't resolve it. The path looks good in the Add dialog box when I'm adding the reference, but then when added in the Solution Explorer it has that Yellow Triangle over it and no path in the Properties dialog. How can I fix this?
    Monday, December 30, 2013 12:11 AM

Answers

• Hi WinWinApps,

You mean <Reference SQLite> in this documentation? Generally, reference to SQLite should be fine, the only problem might be the installation of SQLite is not succeed. Or try to reference SQLite in another kind of app, for instance WPF to see if the same problem occurs.

I would like suggest you to reinstall the SQLite, if the problem is not solved, try to fix VS or report this issue to http://aka.ms/StoreSupport. Select Developer tools.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by WinWinApps Tuesday, December 31, 2013 6:18 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi WinWinApps,

You mean <Reference SQLite> in this documentation? Generally, reference to SQLite should be fine, the only problem might be the installation of SQLite is not succeed. Or try to reference SQLite in another kind of app, for instance WPF to see if the same problem occurs.

I would like suggest you to reinstall the SQLite, if the problem is not solved, try to fix VS or report this issue to http://aka.ms/StoreSupport. Select Developer tools.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by WinWinApps Tuesday, December 31, 2013 6:18 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 2:39 AM
  • Hello WinWinApps, 

try to follow this step for proper install & add reference of sqlite :

http://prathapk.net/sqlite-in-windows-8-store-apps-using-c/

Monday, December 30, 2013 4:04 AM
  • Thanks all. The part I was missing was about the Platform being set to ARM, x86, or x64 in the Configuration Manager. But why does that need to be set? If I want to build an app for Windows Store, do I need to submit an ARM, x86, and x64 version that are built separately? Why can't I just have it set to Any CPU?

Thanks,

Scott

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 6:20 AM
  • Hi WinWinApps,

See the last post of this discussion: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/026a1327-a866-437d-a728-c77dafbdf90a/cant-i-select-any-cpu-while-compiling-winrt-components?forum=toolsforwinapps

"I believe SQLite is a native component and so will be architecture-specific. That will force your component containing it to also be architecture-specific.

AnyCPU only works if the component is purely managed code."

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:07 AM
  • Thanks again, James. Does this mean I need to make three builds when I submit to the Windows store, one for each architecture?
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:01 PM
  • YES. However you may only need ARM and x86, because 64bit machine also run 32 bit process, therefore x64 package is a kind of duplicate with x86 one.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:52 AM