WindowsInstaller.Installer.get_ProductInfo throws System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

I am using msi.dll for get the product details and if the product is exists I am uninstalling the product.  I have created Interop.WindowsInstaller.dll and used in my application. 

While running my application in Windows Server 2012 R2 , I am getting the bellow error message

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): ProductInfo,Product,Attribute
       at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
       at WindowsInstaller.Installer.get_ProductInfo(String Product, String Attribute)
       at PowerMeasurement.Installer.MsiLauncher.ProductCodeExist(String msiFileName, DoInstallThreadArgs args)
       at PowerMeasurement.Installer.MsiLauncher.DoInstallThread(DoInstallThreadArgs args)

This is happening in only one machine and I am unable to find the cause for this. 

Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Muthuraja

Monday, March 24, 2014 5:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Muthuraja,

This is not easy to find the problem, you can check whether it is a permission issue.

From the error message, this doesn't seem to be a SharePoint issue, you can attach the whole code sample here or go to .net forum for more information if it is .net issue.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:55 AM