none
Workflow behavior - Silence means consent

Question

• Hi,

How can I auto approve a task if it expires ?

How can i re-alert the reponsible of the task before this deadline ?

Regards,

EM

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Elmata,

For your request, I suggest you storing the workflow tasks in a separate task list, and creating a workflow which will send alert email and set “Task Outcome” column to “Approved” if the task item expire in this task list. The workflow sets as below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:38 AM
  • Ok Grace, 

Can I set this action in the behavior of the task ? (in the approval process you know)

"When a task expires" ?

Do you know how can I change the due date of my task ?

Thanks a lot !

Regards,

EM

Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:04 PM
  • Hi Elmata,

Follow the steps to achieve your request:

1. In “start approval process” action, there is “Due Date for Task Process” section to set the due date.

2. Click “Approval” in this action, click “change the behavior of a single task” in the customization section, add “set workflow status” and “set content approval status” action.

Finally, we can see the status in the below change to Approved after expire.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 24, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Hi Grace,

I did it. The task has expired on 3/25 but nothing happened and I received nothing.

If the due date is passed, I want to autocomplete/approve the task, then start the following one...

Where am I wrong ?

:(

• Edited by Elmata Monday, March 27, 2017 11:08 AM
    Monday, March 27, 2017 8:10 AM
  • Hi Elmata,

Do you add more than one approvers to this task process and there are other actions in this workflow? The workflow I provided status was set to “Approved” after expiring finally even though you assign more than one approvers.

And due to we just set the relevant workflow status “Approved” in current list manually, the workflow task list item status also “not start”. If we want to complete the relevant workflow task list item status, we need to use relevant Task ID which we cannot get in SharePoint 2010 platform.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:15 AM
  • Hi Grace & thx !

I have a lot of tasks (so more approvers) and I just want approve the current task if the designated approver doesn't approve the task in time.

Nothing really crazy.

You mean I can't do it in SPD2013 with a 2010 WF ?

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:53 PM
  • Hi Elmata,

To approve the task item, follow the steps below:

1. To get relevant task item TaskID, in the “When a task is pending” section, add an action ”set variable to value” and set value as below:

2. In the “When a Task Expires”, add actions as below:

To re-alert the approver, Create a workflow associate with Workflow task list as below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:45 PM
  • Hi Grace,

In my case, the task outcome is not proposed.

You create a WF2010 or a WF2013 in SP2013 ? If it's a WF2013.

Can you get the same result with a WF2010 in 2013 ?

Regards,

EM.

• Edited by Elmata Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:51 PM
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:50 PM
  • Hi Elmata,

I create the workflow with 2010 platform.

Follow the workflow, just still for a approver to complete this task so far.

As an alternative, create two workflows associated with workflow task list to achieve your two requests.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:21 AM
  • Hi Grace,

I'm back.

For the "status" field it's ok but the "task outcome" fied is not displayed in my choice combolist.

In what format do you return the variable getTaskID ?

Regards,

EM.

Monday, April 24, 2017 10:45 AM
  • Hi Elmata,

Sorry for mislead, please update the "Outcome" value instead of "Task Outcome". In workflow task list, "Task Outcome" is the column for 2013 workflow platform.

As for "getTaskID", after clicking the "change the behavior of a single task", you can add a "set workflow variable" action in the "when a task is pending" section. And set the value below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:24 AM
  • Hi and don't worry Grace,

Did you create the "outcome" value ? 

If it's not the case, I don't see this value in my dropdown list.

Bellow what I did :

I create a workflow on my list and start an approval process.

I modify the behavior of the task.

In "pending" section I set a variable to get the ID of the task

In "expire" section I try to update the following values : status, % achievement and outcome with the getID as key/link but I don't see the "outcome" field when I select the association : task list.

Here the options (sorry for translation)

---------------------------
    % achievement
    AssignedTo
    Start date
    Description
    Folder
    Due
    Related items
    Status
    Groups of tasks
    Content type ID
    Workflow name
    Precursors
    Priority
    Title
    ---------------------------

No outcome field as you can see :(

Where am I wrong?

I see "Outcome" in the task list. With the update I get an "Aborted" as value. If I respect the correct process (click on "approve"), this field displays "Approve" but I have no way to manage it. 

I can make a condition on "Outcome" field value but I can't update its value.

Regards,

EM

• Edited by Elmata Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:22 AM
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:26 AM
  • Hi, where can I find the "outcome" value ?
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 2:16 PM
  • Hi, someone knows how can I do this ?
    Friday, May 5, 2017 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

I created a new column "flag" that I update when the task is expired and I changed the achievement conditions based on this new value (if outcomes approbation number... or flag = yes ... set isitemapproved = yes) ... but nothing happen (one more time :()

HELP !

Regards,

EM

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 10:18 AM
  • Hi,

How to solve this concern? I feel that it is necessary to post the values ​​so that it works

Regards,

EM.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elmata Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:48 PM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 1:53 PM