Command line parameters are invalid RRS feed

• Question

• User1793524193 posted

Hi,

I have created a package in ssis and i have xml configuration for Check Point File Name. When running it in visual studio, it works just fine. But when I run the package from  SQL Job, I got the error Option "<?xml" is not valid.  The command line parameters are invalid. 

I did this for my previous packages and I don't have any problem back then. I checked the parameter value and it is correct. What could be the cause of this? And how will I solve this?

Any help please?

Thursday, November 30, 2017 6:36 AM

Answers

• User991499041 posted

Hi cess02,

Hi,

I have created a package in ssis and i have xml configuration for Check Point File Name. When running it in visual studio, it works just fine. But when I run the package from  SQL Job, I got the error Option "<?xml" is not valid.  The command line parameters are invalid. 

I did this for my previous packages and I don't have any problem back then. I checked the parameter value and it is correct. What could be the cause of this? And how will I solve this?

Any help please?

If your SQL Server is 64 bit

In SQL Server JOB-->Properties-->Steps--->

In the Execution Option Tab -- Check "Use 32 bit runtime"

In the Data Sources Tab -- Uncheck the checkboxes of the connection managers if already checked.

Schedule the Job and run it.

Regards,

zxj

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:18 AM

All replies

• User991499041 posted

Hi cess02,

Hi,

Any help please?

If your SQL Server is 64 bit

In SQL Server JOB-->Properties-->Steps--->

In the Execution Option Tab -- Check "Use 32 bit runtime"

In the Data Sources Tab -- Uncheck the checkboxes of the connection managers if already checked.

Schedule the Job and run it.

Regards,

zxj

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:18 AM
  • User1793524193 posted

Hi zxj,

I tried what you said, but still getting the same error.

regards,

cess02

Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:30 AM
  • User1793524193 posted

Am I missing something? I clicked the Use 32 bit runtime  check box and then click OK. Then I run the job, but when I go to Execution Option again, the checkbox for Use 32 it runtime is unchecked.

Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:37 AM
  • User1793524193 posted

Hi zxj,

I found it! My fault. I added the configuration file in Command files tab, it should be on Configurations files tab. I overlooked it.

Thank you :)

Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:52 AM