none
USB Device not recognized... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I recently got a Kinect for Windows v2 Sensor, on getting back home, I installed the v2 SDK, plugged in the Kinect Sensor, but keep getting the USB not recognized error!...What could be wrong?
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 11:52 PM

Answers

• This happens sometimes when the sensor is plugged into a USB 2 port. You'll need to plug this into a USB 3 port in order to use the v2 Sensor. If you still get this error after plugging into a USB 3 port, please let us know.

As a side note we're looking at ways to improve the experience when the sensor is plugged into a USB 2 port as the current behavior is clearly sub-optimal. We don't have anything to announce yet though.

Thank you,

The Kinect Team

Jesse Kaplan [msft]

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:26 PM

All replies

• This happens sometimes when the sensor is plugged into a USB 2 port. You'll need to plug this into a USB 3 port in order to use the v2 Sensor. If you still get this error after plugging into a USB 3 port, please let us know.

As a side note we're looking at ways to improve the experience when the sensor is plugged into a USB 2 port as the current behavior is clearly sub-optimal. We don't have anything to announce yet though.

Thank you,

The Kinect Team

Jesse Kaplan [msft]

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:26 PM
  • I tried out both of my USB 3.0 ports, the light doesn't come on. I tried using the SDK browser, Kinect not detected...
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:17 AM
  • Does it detected in Device Manager? Run the KCV tool that is from the browser to determine if there are any issues it can find with your USB3 chipset or GPU. You will not see any lights come on until there is data being transferred from the device to an application.

See troubleshooting for common issues:http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20dbadae-dcee-406a-b66f-a182d76cea3b/troubleshooting-and-common-issues-guide?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:21 PM
  • Ok, on my system, I'm plugged into a USB 3.0 port, one that is recognized as 3.0 by other devices.

The Kinect comes up in DeviceManager but only displays: WDF KinectSensor Interface 0

The usb port is from a pci-e card, in device manager shows.

Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 Microsoft

I have the latest BIOS, the latest Intel chipsets series installed.

But Kinect Configuration Verifier shows:

Kinect Connected

USB Controller : No supported USB 3.0 port detected

This is my 2nd pci-e USB 3.0 adapter, one that matches the model some other entry in the forum said was compatible (SIIG DP  2-Port USB 3.0 PCIe)

Thanks for your suggestions.

Friday, January 23, 2015 10:15 PM
  • If you are having an issue with the card, be sure to try all your PCI Express slots including the one your GPU is plugged into. You can move the GPU to another slot, just won't be as fast but will provide you a video signal to test with. Not all motherboards enable Gen 2.0 speeds on all their PCI Express slots, so you need to ensure your BIOS is up to date and the slot you choose is Gen 2.0 enabled.

As well, warnings are not errors. If you are able to get color and depth at 30fps, then the Kinect is working fine.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, January 26, 2015 7:08 PM
  • I am still not able to get any light on. The Kinect is connected and detected by my laptop. But not getting connection on Kinect Studio.

Dara Oladapo

Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:57 PM
  • Here is the new error message I get from Kinect SDK browser

Dara Oladapo

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:04 PM
  • I run a Dell Vostro 2521 with 6GB RAM. Intel Core i3-2375M CPU @ 1.50GHz. I run on Windows 8.1 Pro with Latest Updates installed.

Dara Oladapo

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:06 PM
  • If your model od Dell Vostro 2521 does not come with additional GPU, then you do not have any compute shader 5.0 accelerator in your notebook (exactly what Kinect Configuration Verifier screenshot is showing) because SandyBridge was "packed" with only D3D10 capable integrated graphics accelerator. No D3D11 GPU = no kinect 2 fun.
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:09 PM
  • Now I run a system with higher GPU and can use my Kinect well. Thanks.

Dara Oladapo

Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:50 PM