none
Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a Outlook Addin Setup and I have installed.If I double click on the .vsto file after installation from the path(usually from c:/Program Files/Application Folder) i'm getting the error shown below.But Instead of setup if i run .vsto file directly from bin/debug or bin/Relase folder it is working fine.

I'm suspecting that after creating the setup and installing it is not working. Please provide me the solution.

Name: OutlookAddIn10
    From: file:///C:/Program Files/Tareta Solutions Pvt. Ltd/Outlook2010Addin/OutlookAddIn10.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException: Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly Outlook03EmailPackage.dll.
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.DownloadAddIn(TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

Can anybody provide me the solution?

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting on MSDN fourm.

Which version of Visual Studio are you using? I found the issue may exists in Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010.

How did you created a Outlook Addin Setup? Did you create an new project for it?

If so, please try to include /nowin32manifest option while building your application, In Visual Studio, set this option in the Application Property page by selecting the Create Application Without a Manifest option in the Manifest drop down list. (refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb513864.aspx )

Another approach would be to exclude the embedded manifest file after building the application. In order to do that please open Visual Studio IDE and Open the executable file from the menu (File—>Open—>File). You will find the below screenshot:

Now delete RT_MANIFEST and save the executable file.

You can get more information refer to "Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly"

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 8, 2013 8:00 AM