Run IIS Manager (Locally) with elevated privelages (Non Local Admin) RRS feed

• Question

• User572313428 posted

Greetings IIS.Net forum.  At our corporate office, we are starting to lock down developer workstations (myself included).  Is there a way to elevated IIS to be run with elevated privelages. 

Once I am no longer local admin, I get the error of "You must be an administrator to use Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager".  The problem is that I have websites that were built for IIS and once I am locked down, I can even see the projects anymore in VS.

Hopefully someone out there in IIS land has an answer :)  Thanks.

Friday, April 24, 2015 4:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• User-801366587 posted

Hi,
    In previous version of IIS prior to 7 unfortunately you need local administrative privilege to access internet information service (IIS manager). But in IIS 7 and above has feature to delegate IIS administration to  User (non- admin).

Check this article - http://blogs.technet.com/b/leesab/archive/2014/07/30/delegating-iis-administration-to-domain-users-non-administrators.aspx to enable feature delegation in IIS.

Mark as answer if this helped youSmile

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 9:18 PM
  • User572313428 posted

Hi Bharath,

This at least gets me looking in the right direction, it looks like Win 7 has IIS 7 on it so this article (and related articles on the page) should get me going.

Monday, April 27, 2015 5:40 PM