none
Address lookup issues with APIs RRS feed

• Question

• We're finding quite a few addresses that aren't found via the APIs but are found on Bing.com.

Users of our business application are reporting this so I'm still doing research on if these addresses EVER worked properly or if this is the first time they've attempted to interact with them.

Do we know if there was any data update over the past week or two that could potentially have changed some things in this area.  Or, is there a direct support channel where I can get support for this since I'm an enterprise customer?

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:21 PM

Answers

• This is to be expected. The Bing Maps team is testing out a new backend geocoder on the Bing Maps website which has a newer data set and improved logic than the developer API's. Once testing has been completed in a couple of months, the developer API's will be updated on the backend which align the results much more closely. They will never be the exact same 100% of the time as the Bing Maps website uses several additional data sets which can't be exposed through the developer API's, primarily business listings. When the developer API's are updated there will be no change required by developers.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:45 PM

All replies

• Actually turns out these have always been issues for these users.  I guess I need to maybe report these addresses to the Bing Enterprise division somehow?
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:28 PM
  • This is to be expected. The Bing Maps team is testing out a new backend geocoder on the Bing Maps website which has a newer data set and improved logic than the developer API's. Once testing has been completed in a couple of months, the developer API's will be updated on the backend which align the results much more closely. They will never be the exact same 100% of the time as the Bing Maps website uses several additional data sets which can't be exposed through the developer API's, primarily business listings. When the developer API's are updated there will be no change required by developers.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:45 PM