Dutch interface language on English Windows installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm assigned to give a programming workshop for children age 12 to 15. I looked at SmallBasic and I really like it. I installed it on my local machine and noticed the intellisense is localised to Dutch. The problem however is that at my university, PC's are installed with an English version of Windows, so I suspect the interface will be in English in the classroom. But having the help in Dutch is a huge advantage for younger children. Therefor my question: is there a way to force the locale to use for Th SmallBasic program, without reinstalling another locale for the OS? Thanks in advance, Kris.
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:09 PM

Answers

• A little poking and you can using this as the command to start SmallBasic, could be in a batch file for dutch.

SB /l:nl-NL

PS I wish I looked for option before as I have had a lot of bother fixing locale issues in an extension recently and this would have made it possible to debug much faster.
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:28 PM

All replies

• I don't think there is an option to do this, but you can replace the locale you want in the installation directory.

For example to get German intellisense on my UK PC I replace SmallBasicLibrary.xml with SmallBasicLibrary-de.xml.  This just alters the intellisence, not internal locale that may affect things like date representations or a few others that will remain PC locale.

See post below for better suggestion.
    • Edited by litdev Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:28 PM
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:18 PM
  • A little poking and you can using this as the command to start SmallBasic, could be in a batch file for dutch.

SB /l:nl-NL

PS I wish I looked for option before as I have had a lot of bother fixing locale issues in an extension recently and this would have made it possible to debug much faster.
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:28 PM
  • As far as I remember, Small Basic installation always asks which languages you prefer!

And if you wanna have or change some other language, just re-install it.

English language is always installed. You can access each one from "Start" menu, if you still have 1!  :P

Click on "Propose As Answer" if some post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if some post has been useful to you! (^_^)

Monday, March 18, 2013 12:02 AM
    Answerer