Export selected object as jpeg RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way in Expression Design to export a selected object as jpeg? I am creating a graphic to be used for a web site, and I want to export a line as jpeg. When using file->export, the entire canvas is exported. I am looking to just export the selected line.

Thanks.
    • Edited by riffle99 Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:11 PM added a word to the description
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:10 PM

Answers

• Sorry, my mistake. I gave you directions for Design 2 beta. To export without exporting the entire document you need to use the cropmark feature. Select the link you want to export and then choose File > Crop Marks > From bounding box. This isolates the object for export. The, on the export dialog box there will be an option to export the crop mark region only. Check that box if it isn't already checked. Then only the object will export and not the whole document size.
    Annie
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 7:03 PM

All replies

• Yes - do this: First, select the object you want to export and then choose File > Export from the menu bar. In the export dialog box, under Items to Export, check the Selected objects option if it isn't already checked. In the next section of the dialog box, under Export Properties, choose JPEG in the format section. All you have to do now is give the object a file name, a location and then click the Export All button.

Annie
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:56 PM
  • hmm... maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't see the "Items to Export" option. I'm using version 4.0.2920.0.

Here is what happens...

I select the object; click File > Export; a dialog box titled "Export" pops up and asks me to name the file and select the file save as type; I click save and then a new dialog box titled "Export JPG" pops up; The "Export JPG" dialog box has JPG settings including quality, size, etc...; the entire canvas is saved to jpeg.

Any idea why I wouldn't see the same options?

Saturday, March 29, 2008 6:16 PM
  • Sorry, my mistake. I gave you directions for Design 2 beta. To export without exporting the entire document you need to use the cropmark feature. Select the link you want to export and then choose File > Crop Marks > From bounding box. This isolates the object for export. The, on the export dialog box there will be an option to export the crop mark region only. Check that box if it isn't already checked. Then only the object will export and not the whole document size.
    Annie
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 7:03 PM
  • because the version is different
    in the new beta version there are more possibilities to choose

if you aren t using the beta you can always copy what you want to export in a new layer or document toggle off visibility and save it
    or download the beta
    maybe others have other suggestions
    greeetings
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 7:04 PM
  • Ok, great. Thanks for the answer.

I ended up installing the Design 2 beta. Much better!
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 8:05 PM