Converting Solution from WB 2010 to VS 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• User2109257026 posted

I have a solution which was created in Web Developer 2010. How can I convert this so I can load the samel solution with Visual Studio 2012?

I've tried selecting the existing solution within VS2012 using the OPEN FILE option, but no luck. It says the solution is incompatible.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:40 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

HI sam,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

For this issue, we need learn the difference between Visual Studio and Visual Web Developer Express first.

Visual Web Developer 2010 Express is part of the Visual Studio family. Visual Studio 2010 is a complete development environment from Microsoft for creating Web applications, as well as client (Windows) applications, Windows services, components, controls, and other types of applications. In contrast, Visual Web Developer Express features a streamlined interface that focuses on providing the tools that you need for creating Web applications. Therefore, Visual Web Developer Express is more compact and can be easier to work with than Visual Studio.

Further information: Comparing Visual Studio and Visual Web Developer Express

In addition, it's also necessary for us to learn the Visual Studio 2012 compatibility.

Visual Studio 2012 Compatibility: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/hh266747(v=vs.110).aspx 

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 18, 2014 2:44 AM