none
compile error : user-defined type not defined RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have been using MS office 2010 for years now and upgraded to office 365 recently. We were usually having multiple excel sheets that are generated from Oracle HRMS system and working fine in MS excel. Since from the upgrade to office 365 when i am opening an excel sheet which is generated from HRMS system(there are background VBA scrips running to fetch data automatically) and getting 'compile error : user-defined type not defined' as attached as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated a lot

• Edited by Livin Jose Monday, January 16, 2017 6:47 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, January 16, 2017 7:19 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    Monday, January 16, 2017 6:47 PM

All replies

• Open the VBA editor and select menu item Tools -> References and see if you have any missing references. If so, note what references they are and then remove the missing references and then in the same dialog scroll down and find the appropriate references and check the box against them.

Regards, OssieMac

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 1:13 AM
  • Dear OssieMac,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please confirm as per the error message if you can identify what exactly the reference is missing?

I am sorry, i am not sure about VBA coding as those files are generated automatically from HRMS system and we are not configuring this references.

LivinJose

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:59 AM
  • I am sorry, i am not sure about VBA coding as those files are generated automatically from HRMS system and we are not configuring this references.

Unfortunately I don't know what is meant by HRMS system.

If you can open the VBA editor with Alt and F11 and the project is not locked for viewing then selecting menu item Tools -> References and if there are any missing references then they are listed as missing together with the name of the reference.

The error usually only occurs when the project is used with different version of Office. If you did not develop the system then you might need to go back to the developer and pass on the information re the references that I have supplied.

Regards, OssieMac

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:12 AM
  • Can you please confirm as per the error message if you can identify what exactly the reference is missing?

At first: Make a copy of the file!

Click Tools\References and check for broken links, remove if any.

Set a reference to Microsoft XML, v3.0 (or maybe a later version).

It might be possible that the code doesn't compile, in that case you need to install the correct version, resp. update the code.

Andreas.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:43 PM