Windows 7 repeatable Boot Error - Windows/system32/winload.exe 0x000428

Question

• So, I am having a Boot issue, Windows 7 64 boot issue. looks like this-

Windows/system32/winload.exe 0x000428

after performing a disk image of Windows Vista 32 with (Acronis) to SSD then installing a upgrade to Windows 7 64bit the problem started...

after each reboot error occures.

I have to use the System disk everytime and run repair windows, each boot....?

but, when I upgraded my other computer to Windows 7 64bit (First) to the hard disk that had Vista 32 , then imaged to SSD, It worked, on my other computer though.???

so, Is there a fix for this?:  Or am I back to square one to upgrade the Hard Disk then image to SSD, I really don't what to go through all the updates (3-4 hours worth)

Please help,

Mark

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is there a way to fix MBR with simple commands in the DOS Window?

So, found out more info-

Storage Manager

D: says System

C: says Boot

I would like C: to be both System and Boot, rite?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:25 PM
  • Is this a known problem with Windows 7?

Do you have a link with Product support for Windows 7 that can help with this issue?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:33 PM
  • Hello , everybody ...

Hi , Mark H 

Sorry , but in my knowledge , you cannot do an upgrade from a 32 Bit operating system to a 64 bit operating system ....  a "new " (  = proper/ personnal)  " installation is needed ( to another partition)  .

Bye.

A plus..... Cordialement. Hummmm... Seven .. un goût, un parfum, un ..OS venu d'ailleurs ..... Seven !
    • Edited by Loukiana Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:49 PM ... ( to another partition)
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:48 PM
  • Well, I did on one of my computers, Upgraded from Vista 32 to Windows 7 64 on a hard disk then imaged to SSD and worked fine.

You meen to tell me that is not possible?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:52 PM
  • Hi ,

I saw that ... i 've said " you cannot upgrade " ... forom 32 to 64 bit operating system .

But you can do it , as a "new" installation to another partition ( = dual-boot) .... it's not the same .

Sorry , i'm a french user's forum , and i came here only to find something about Windows8 ... but like i already said , in my" knowledge " , this is not possible.

I'm living in Belgium and it's too late now  ( 01:04 AM) for me  to continue ...

Bye.

A plus..... Cordialement. Hummmm... Seven .. un goût, un parfum, un ..OS venu d'ailleurs ..... Seven !
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:04 AM
  • I think I found the fix, I am going to try this when I get home from work tonight

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2282-default-operating-system-change-default-boot-os.html

Here are four options to try, let you know in the morning if it works....

Mark

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:49 AM
  • Hello Mark H,

You have posted in a Windows Developer Preview forum. Your Windows 7 questions would be best answered in the
    Microsoft Answers for Windows 7 forum.

Please reply back and let us know if you have resolved your issue. If you have a Windows Developer Preview issue, please reply back with your question

For any other questions on Windows 7, please post in the following forum.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:32 AM