Alt+F4 or Close gesture is not working

Question

• I created a Windows Store application by following this tutorial. The tutorial talks about closing the application by using either Alt + F4 on the keyboard or using the close gesture. It does not work on my Surface Pro 2. I tried the same on IE, and it does not work for IE too. The swipe from left to right is working and I can snap applications.

Should I enable the gestures to use the close gestures?

Saturday, February 08, 2014 2:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• The forum is for the phone, sorry

http://pauliom.wordpress.com

Saturday, February 08, 2014 3:23 PM
  • Thanks. After doing some testing, what I found out is that if the app is attached to the debugger, it does not allow Alt+F4. If it is detached, it works.

Saturday, February 08, 2014 7:20 PM
  • Hi,

Generally, the app can be closed on surface by these ways below:

Use Touch Screen
    * Touch your finger to the top edge of the screen.
    * Drag your finger down to the bottom edge of the screen, and then release your finger to close the app. Much like using the Mouse. Doing that a bit slowly than usual.
    Using Keyboard
    * Pressing the Alt + F4 key in Microsoft’s Fancy Tablet Keyboard to terminate the current running app immediately.

I do not make sure why your surface pro 2 cannot close the app by Alt+F4, but you can go to the link to get more professional support:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:07 AM
  • Yes, it is working. My bad, I did not press the FN key to have Alt + F4 working.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:01 AM