Games For Windows Live Or Xbox Live

Question

• Hi.

I have read somewhere that xbox live is going to be replacing games for windows live on windows 8

Could someone please confirm this as I have tried to install 4 games for windows live games on the Windows Developer Preview and they either crash during launch, come up with an error saying live failed to launch or run but with out any of the games for windows features.

If this is the case will there be an update to fix all the older games for windows live games to run on windows 8

Saturday, October 8, 2011 7:50 PM

Answers

• Thank you for sharing your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Marilyn
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:39 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure if Xbox will replace windows live but I believe the point of this preview fair is to stabilize win 8 and make sure the basic person can install and run it without a problem

I'm also having issues with a few of my games but that's because the games haven't been patched with the new win 8 operating system to run smoothly as well

so as of now I think the point is to make sure win 8 basic is running smoothly and things like games will be worked on later that could be a test for another day for all we know...

Saturday, October 8, 2011 11:06 PM
  • other than games for windows live and lack of the old start menu ive got it installed and running as well and as stable as my windows 7 install so im just trying to offer my feedback where i can. I understand that as its the whole LIVE system for games that doesnt work that its something that microsoft are sure to be working on but if something ive said or reported helps in some way then surly thats better for all of us.
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 4:36 PM
  • Thank you for sharing your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Marilyn
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:39 PM