none
.EXE file on folders DEBUG & RELEASE don't run from Explorer but works from Visual Studio

Question

• Hi 

I am at the end of developing my project and i have to face the biggest problem on this "trip".

While my Project works well and Build paths Release and Debug as well as the ".exe"  files inside them. While the project is able to be debugged in both of  these paths, when i go to open the "project.exe"  file from Explorer(Manually without VS) executable don't run, remaining in a state that the cursor "tells" me that executable loads but nothing happens at all.

Also after this, i am not able to delete or modify(build from VS) the project while my file "project.exe" is in use from System, so what i do is to restart the PC every time.

Summary: i am not able to run the "exported" exe file from explorer so my project is nothing without this.

Please help!!

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:31 AM

Answers

• Restart your machine. Open then Bin folder of your project. Delete the entire content. Open VS and the solution. Run Clean Solution and then Rebuild Solution on the Solution node in the Solution Explorer. Do not run the application itself. Close VS. Now run your application.

If it still hangs, then you need to tell use something about your application (code).

Sometimes the debugger introduces enough latency to hide timing problems of an application.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:43 AM

All replies

• Restart your machine. Open then Bin folder of your project. Delete the entire content. Open VS and the solution. Run Clean Solution and then Rebuild Solution on the Solution node in the Solution Explorer. Do not run the application itself. Close VS. Now run your application.

If it still hangs, then you need to tell use something about your application (code).

Sometimes the debugger introduces enough latency to hide timing problems of an application.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:43 AM
  • Hi, 

I have same  problem. Have you found a solution  for this?

Thanks

Monday, February 08, 2016 2:37 PM