BATCH_STATUS AWAITING_BATCH RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

The developer left without documenting the application. 

I can see that the orchestration posts to a MS SQL  DATABASE the messages sits there already for several days with NEW_OR_UPDATE_FLAG set to N (for NEW) and BATCH_STATUS set to AWAITING_BATCH. 

I looked at the stored procedures and can't see any mechanisms there for compressing the messages. 

Where do you think I should be looking ?

Orchestrations ? Pipelines ? Stored Procedures ? 

There is no documentation whatsoever ?

What is the common practice for batching messages in BizTalk ?

God bless you all :)

Friday, February 5, 2016 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

There can be multiple reason for your message remains in awaiting state .

• Verify the SOAP Action Header at your send port . Operation name should be same as Stored procedure name

• Verify the name of Orchestration logical Port name . The name should be same as your Operation name and stored Procedure .

Thanks

Abhishek

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:04 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2016 9:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting on MSDN forum.

First look into Ordered delivery on send port, As per MSDN article suggests that the "Queued (awaiting processing)" state relates to messages that are 'in an ordered delivery scenario when the preceding message is being retried by the ordered delivery send port'. 

Second, open the instance that stuck for several day and look if you have any error there.

And, for batching message in BizTalk, please have a look into below article,

Batching Messages for Send Processing

If your document type is EDI message then refer below documentation on this is pretty complete;

Batching Outgoing EDI Messages

It explains what that Filter is for and how to route messages to the Batching instance.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, February 5, 2016 11:24 AM
  • NEW_OR_UPDATE_FLAG set to N (for NEW) and BATCH_STATUS set to AWAITING_BATCH
    Where exactly do you see this?  In a custom database?  I don't recognize this as BizTalk Product lables.
    Friday, February 5, 2016 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

Are the statuses used some where in your SQL database? If so please check the logic in the stored procedures mentioned in the WCF-SQL receive location. If you open the WCF-SQL receive pipeline you can see the stored procedures mentioned under polling statement.

Thanks

JB

Saturday, February 6, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Hi ,

There can be multiple reason for your message remains in awaiting state .

• Verify the SOAP Action Header at your send port . Operation name should be same as Stored procedure name

• Verify the name of Orchestration logical Port name . The name should be same as your Operation name and stored Procedure .

Thanks

Abhishek

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:04 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2016 9:17 PM